Need an Instant Pot?
Instant Pot Asian Inspired Beef and Brown Rice Recipe
[bctt tweet=”Instant Pot Asian Inspired Beef and Brown Rice Recipe” username=”Bloggingology”]
3 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce or coconut amino
¼ cup sesame oil, divided
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons lime juice
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely minced
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1½ lbs. stew beef, cubed
1¼ cups water or beef broth
1 cup brown rice, rinsed and drained
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
Makes 4 servings.
1. Combine soy sauce, 2 tablespoons sesame oil, honey, lime juice, garlic powder, onion powder, fresh ginger, and red pepper flakes in a bowl. Season with salt and black pepper and stir to combine. Set aside.
2. Place the beef cubes into a ziplock bag and pour the marinade on top. Seal and gently turn the bag to thoroughly coat the beef. Marinate at room temperature for at least 30 minutes, or place in the refrigerator overnight. Tip: For best taste results, marinate the beef the night before. Turn bag occasionally for even distribution of the marinade.
3. To prepare, add remaining 2 tablespoons sesame oil to the Instant Pot and press the Sauté button. Adjust the heat setting to high. Once hot, pour the beef cubes into the Instant Pot and discard the remaining marinade. Brown the beef approximately 3-4 minutes, stirring so that the beef browns evenly on all sides. Add the beef broth (or water).
4. Turn Instant Pot off and add in the brown rice. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Put the lid on and close it to lock. Turn the pressure value to the middle sealed position and press the Manual button. Adjust setting to high and set cook time for 22 minutes.
5. When cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
6. Carefully remove lid and fluff the rice with a fork. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and chopped parsley, if desired.