If you need to lose weight, you have to change your way of thinking about food. You have to change what you eat. You have to get some form of exercise. You have to change the way you shop for food. These changes will become part of your lifestyle if you want to lose weight and keep the weight off.
This article will offer you weight loss tips to help you lose weight by eating healthy.
The best way to lose weight is by eating healthier carbs, eating low fat, and eating healthy carbs. These weight loss tips will help you on your weight lose journey.
Avoid high sugar foods and drinks, fatty foods, and unhealthy carbs like white bread. Eat healthy complex carbs such as brown rice or whole wheat bread.
Give up the sugar in sweet tea, give up the soda loaded with sugar, give up the lemonade loaded with sugar. Drink more water.
Use less salt. While salt is good and it flavors the food nicely, it also makes your body hold water, which in turn causes your legs to swell, ankles to swell, etc. And most canned foods and processed foods are loaded with salt! Opt to make your own food. It’s so much healthier, and costs less in the long run.
Eat more chicken, turkey, and fish.
Eat less beef and pork. Don’t fry your food – grill it up, air fry it, slow cook it, or bake it.
Eat more protein such as chicken, turkey, fish, beans, nuts, and seeds. These protein rich foods will help you feel full longer and they won’t add many calories to your diet.
Remember NOT to batter meat when preparing it to cook. The batter generally is flour and it holds the fat in, making it not at all healthy to eat.
Use extra virgin olive oil, can spray oil, avocado oil, etc. to lightly grease pots and pans for grilling or baking.
Eat more fruits and vegetables.
Many veggies are naturally low carb – lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, peppers, onions, garlic, squash, peas, beans, etc. Corn and potatoes are two vegetables that have more starch and tend to have more carbs but they’re still healthy to eat, just less.
Buy fresh fruit when it is in season locally. Fruits with high water content such as melons and berries are very filling without causing weight gain.
Apples and bananas are great for snacks, plus their healthy to eat.
Best tips for weight loss.
- Instead of buying premade pasta salads, opt for making your own using whole wheat pasta.
- Some salad dressings have sugar in them and you don’t need that. Choose a fat free, low fat, or sugar free dressing instead.
- Stick with whole grain breads, brown rice, oatmeal, and whole wheat pasta as your healthy complex carbs of choice.
- Choose plain, raw nuts over roasted or salted ones. They have more protein than those that are salted and they’re not cooked with oil.
- If you like potato chips, choose baked ones instead of fried ones. The Sun Chips are whole wheat, so they’re also a healthier choice for snacking.
- Chop up your own fresh veggies for snacking. Store in small containers in the fridge for a quick go to snack. Ideas – baby carrots, celery sticker, cucumbers slices, green pepper sticks, cherry tomatoes… all are healthy snacks.
- Flavor your food with fresh herbs like basil, oregano, and rosemary. These add flavor to your dishes without the calories. Use them in place of salt in most recipes that call for it.
- Get the kids involved or make it a family affair. Let the family help you with preparing meals for dinner each night. Even if they only clean up after, that’s helping out and it will help to get them involved in being healthy as well.
- Create your own recipes from scratch – nothing from a box. Make your own dressings, soups, and anything else that you can think of.
- Take a look at the nutritional information for food labels. The serving size shown on the nutrition label is just enough to fill a large spoon – not a normal sized one like you receive when buying in the store! You need to pay attention to how much fat, saturated fat, sugar, and other ingredients are in each serving.
- Make your own salad dressings, soups, and sauces from scratch. You can use vinegar for a low calorie, tangy dressing with some red wine vinegar added to it – or you could use lemon juice for a citrus flavor add some fresh chopped parsley and garlic to the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Eat sliced turkey or chicken on a whole wheat bun with mustard and onions instead of fatty beef burgers from the store. It tastes great, you’ll feel satisfied, and it’s healthier for you to eat.
- Make your own salad dressing from scratch – nothing from a bottle! You can choose fat free oil (not olive oil b/c it tastes too strong), a vinegar (red wine, apple cider, rice, etc.) and some spices or herbs. Cut up your own fresh veggies in the salad and you’ll have a delicious, healthy meal.
- Eat oatmeal for breakfast with sliced strawberries. Oatmeal is a complex carbohydrate that will keep you full longer throughout the day without the sugar spikes that come from eating sugary cereal or bagels in the morning.
- Drink more water! It’s good for you, plus it fills up your stomach and keeps hunger away. You can add some lemon juice to it for some flavor. If you like, add fresh strawberries or cucumbers sliced up in it too. It helps with cleansing the system since most of us don’t drink enough water each day on a regular basis. Water at room temperature is best since it’s easier to digest than ice cold water or hot tea.
[bctt tweet=”How to Lose Weight by Eating Low Fat, Eating Low Carb, and Eating Healthy Carbs” username=”thewahmagazine”]
Weight loss can be achieved by making the decision to have a healthy eating lifestyle along with some exercise.
Focus on these items when you go shopping for food as they will help you reach your goal of losing weight. You’ll be surprised at how fast the pounds start dropping off once you get some healthy choices made in your diet.
Replace the junky snacks you have now with healthy choices – fruits, veggies, nuts, whole wheat foods. Make more of your own meals from scratch instead of box mixes and processed foods. You’ll feel so much better and look better too!