Do you have a dream of being your own boss? Maybe you’ve heard of online entrepreneurs who make money online and you think of how great it would be to be an online entrepreneur.
Many people take up a hobby or two in their free time just to pass time. However, did you know that you can turn those hobbies into money-makers? That’s right. You can make money doing something you love…and it’s easier than you think.
Become an Online Entrepreneur by Sharing Your Passion for Hobbies You Love
There are many ways you can earn money through your hobbies, but the main thing you should always have to earn money through your hobbies is passion and enthusiasm for the hobby you’re promoting. In short, you can turn almost any hobby into a money-making online business as long as you have enthusiasm and passion for what you’re doing.
If you have a passion for pottery, for instance, you could start a blog where you talk about pottery and showcase your pieces, your techniques, your tips, and/or create an online shop website to sell your pottery. You could write and sell books about how to create or decorate pottery through your blog or online shop website.
If you have a passion for writing, you could write and publish a book about your hobby’s topic and sell the book on your shop website or Amazon.
There are so many hobbies that can be turned into money-making hobbies: writing, sewing, gardening, landscaping, painting, graphic design, reading, shopping, cooking, traveling, photography, drawing, decorating, creating crafts, sports, gaming, etc.
There are hobbies you enjoy doing, but if you look at the hobby from a potential business perspective, you might never connect the dots of how it would work as a way to make money online. We often see our hobbies as just that, hobbies… not as a money maker.
So let’s switch it up – instead of trying to see the potential profits from your hobbies, let’s start by first making a list of things you enjoy, things you have a true passion for.
So make a list of ten things you truly enjoy doing – then prioritize them putting the most enjoyable ones first and the least enjoyable last. The idea is to see on paper what you truly have a passion for.
Make sure that you’re not writing something on the list just because you think it will make money. If you write down ideas based only on the possible profit potential, you run the risk of quickly learning that you dread creating content, researching the topic, and engaging with your customers.
This is your list of hobbies that are potential online business ideas that you’ll be using for becoming an online entrepreneur. If you prioritized your list, the top three should be the hobbies you’re most passionate about and should start with. It’s important that your hobby is something you’ll be happy and joyful working at day after day.
Best Side Hustles for Online Income
Some side hustles are more popular than others when it comes to generating extra income online and turning your hobbies into money makers. If you’re looking to get into turning your hobbies into online earnings from your hobbies, here are top side hustles.
Earning extra money is always a good thing – and there’s no shortage of ways to make some extra cash on the side these days. There are plenty of ways to earn some extra dollars through side jobs you can do in your spare time.
Many popular side gigs involve working online or using an app, but that doesn’t mean you have to commit to spending all day on your computer. In fact, some of the most profitable side gigs require little to no effort at all!
Earning Money and Becoming an Online Entrepreneur
So by now, you’re probably wondering how you can make money with your hobby. Honestly, there are so many ways that your hobbies can become lucrative. Here are some of the basic and common ways:
• Selling physical products
• Promoting to your email list
• Blogging about your hobby
• Affiliate marketing via the email list and on your blog for products and services pertaining to your niche
• Creating and selling printables pertaining to your niche
• Creating and selling books, ebooks, and reports about your hobby
• Teaching others about your hobby
• Online courses about your niche
• Doing online reviews and recommendations about your hobby
Tools You Need to Get Started
Having an online business requires some basic internet tools to get started. You can always start out with the basic tools, upgrading to higher-end online tools as your sales and income increase.
- A computer – I recommend a laptop, simply because you can relocate it if needed. This is especially great if you need to move to another room or take it with you when you go somewhere.
- A domain name – It stands to reason that if you’re going to have an online business and become an online entrepreneur you need a domain name. NameCheap has the best prices to buy domain names and renew domain names.
- Hosting – You’ll need hosting to go with your domain name. While there are several hosting companies to choose from, here are a few I recommend: HostGator, BlueHost, or Weebly
- WordPress – Using WordPress makes it so easy to maintain and edit your blog and your site. With WordPress, you can have a blog, a shop, landing pages, etc.
- HP Instant Ink with an HP Instant Ink Printer. You only pay for the pages you print, NOT the ink cartridges!
- Miscellaneous tools include Adobe Acrobat, Affinity Designer, Affinity Publisher, Photoshop, Microsoft Office, Quicken Home and Business.
Have you considered turning your hobbies into money making activities? If not, then now is the time to start thinking about how you can turn your pastimes into money-making activities.
Your hobbies might be something you enjoy doing in your spare time or they might be something that you have always been passionate about and want to continue to pursue!
Whatever your hobbies are or what profession you may be in, there will always be different ways that you can pursue your hobbies and turn them into money making activities that you can use to generate income so that you don’t have to work every single day from sunrise to sunset just to survive anymore.